Thursday, February 22, 2018

CSI Computer & Internet Discussion 1/12


Hello fellow classmates! My name is Kyle Thompson, and I am currently enrolled in the Sports Marketing and Media Bachelor Degree program at Full Sail University. My first class was in August of 2011. My three main loves in life are sports, the great outdoors, and video games. As long as I can remember these three loves have consumed all of my free time and dictated what I do at any given moment in my life. I am born and raised in the great Pacific Northwest state of Washington. With so much outdoor activities ranging from hiking, surfing, skiing, and fishing the very distinct four weather seasons provide different ways to enjoy these activities. Being within an hour or two from snowy mountains, white sand beaches, and large lakes provides a ton of exploring and exercise. After completing high school back in 2003, I looked into moving across the country and enrolling in one of Full Sail University’s video game design programs. After checking out the school and getting my financial information set up it became clear to me that I would not be able to afford the higher education at that time in my life. After years and years of hard backbreaking labor jobs, I decided that regardless of the price I was going to get that higher education and actually get a career not just a job. My research for my career path again led my back to Full Sail University but this time I feel that a career in the sports world is what I truly desire. As it would happen to be when I did my research, Full Sail was starting a brand new course with the Sports Marketing & Media class. This is exactly the degree I was looking for and gives me the chance to spring board into a variety of careers within the sports world when I complete the coursework. I hope to learn the entire ins and outs of the sports world through this class and want to know all of the aspects that make up such a huge industry. As technology grows I plan on getting up to speed with all of the newest forms of media and computer applications that I will really achieve with this Computer Science and Internet class. It is funny how after all of these years and hard work with the help of several grants and scholarships, that I am actually enrolled in my top choice for college education from my high school days. So far I have learned a lot of valuable information and I can truly say that every week provides me with something new and exciting within the coursework. 

P.S. You can reach me and follow my through my personal sites:         








No comments:

Post a Comment