Thursday, February 22, 2018

Behavioral Science - Motivation Blueprint 9/11



Jumping Hurdles                                       
Behavioral Science Week 1                                     
Motivation Blueprint  


Hello my name is Kyle Thompson. For my week one jumping hurdles assignment I will be going over what I learned from chapters 1 &2 in my behavioral science class. By using the concepts and terms I learned I was able to take a close look at different goals I will be setting in my career path and general life itself. A personal goal of mine is to have an established career in a field of extreme passion to me. I have always enjoyed and loved watching, listening, and reading all things related to sports. Instead of being told what jobs, careers, or life path I have to take; I want to be able to decide on my on own and do something that I truly love and have such a deep passion for and I can do it for the rest of my life in some form or another. Academically I feel that receiving my Bachelor’s degree in Sports Marketing & Media is a starting point for me going into my career and makes it just that much more likely that I’ll succeed in the industry. I want to establish myself professional in the sports industry one way or another. I feel that after I complete my degree I will have a clear picture of what part of the industry I will be working in and know what types of jobs are a perfect fit for me. I know that by doing all of these classes and coursework I will be able to look at every different job within my industry and know what I can make out of it. I know that being successful doesn’t mean that I will be filthy rich or have a lot of power. To me being success in my industry would mean that I have a job or career that I deeply look forward to everyday and have the potential to learn and grow within the job. I feel with my hard work the money will come along with job, but this will not be my biggest motivation going into the job. Having stability and a job that provides me with several different outlooks for success, gives me so much to look forward to. I feel that the only hurdles that could possibility hold me back from not succeeding are having not enough support throughout my schooling and not having the education to get in the industry. I know that with my degree and personnel references that finding work within my industry will not be a problem for me. I have reached out to several other classmates to get insight and reflections from and this connection will help me stay motivated and have a strong support system to help me throughout the schooling process. I feel that by going all in and committing 100% to my school work will ensure I have no barriers or hurdles to contend with. According to Dr. William Glasser, we are driven by five basic needs-survival, love and belonging, power, freedom, and fun. I feel that my basic need that I will concentrate the most on is fun and freedom. Having the freedom to decide where and when I will work on projects and what career path I will follow will provide me with so much freedom. I will have so much fun doing not only all of the schoolwork, but knowing that all of my hard work will payoff in the end with that dream career. I am a true optimistic, and no matter what have a positive outlook on things no matter if I failed at them previously or know that it requires a lot of hard work over what I am capable of. I feel that my optimism has provided me with so much opportunities that I have used to my advantage and been able to accomplish so much so far in life. In creating this project and reading the coursework that goes along with the project, I was able to have even more motivation towards my career. Understanding the different theories from pessimistic and optimistic attitudes and the correlation between the two, the different life needs and where I fall in between them, to what I want to do in life instead of having to do different things in life. My explanatory style is founded upon several series of events that were in some people’s point of view to be a negative and potentially devastating to myself. I have used my optimism to encourage me though these periods and I have in return had a better approach to life and I am extremely self-driven, self-motivated, and encouraged by everyone I come into contact with to continue my life’s journey and reach that level of success I know I am capable of. After being in not only one but two potentially deadly car and motorcycle crashes, I have been able to rehab myself mentally and physically to be where I am today in life. That is another way my optimism has helped me and provided me with a crutch to reach my goals and push past them making new ones at the same time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment