Thursday, February 22, 2018

Behavioral Science - Self-Reflection


Hello my name is Kyle Thompson. For my week two study aid project I will be going over what I learned from Chapter 4 in my Behavioral Science textbook. In this chapter I learned about three different theories Cognitive Learning Styles, Brain Dominance, and Multiple Intelligences. The first style of cognitive leaning has three basic preferences to the style being either a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learning. Visual learners have the preference to learn by seeing and observing. These visual learners have written documents, displays and any other readable information to use for remembering important information. Auditory learners use listening for their learning style. These learners listen to and hear information from different outlets and are the best at being given spoken directions and can put those instructions heard into there memory banks. The last style is kinesthetic learning and is the hands on approach to learning. These learners take the most out of their learning experience by holding, touching and in general getting right into what they are learning. In an online test, I learned what my cognitive learning style is with it being a Visual learner. The test had 30 questions and I had 18 being for visual, 9 for auditory, and 3 for kinesthetic. In another online test for multiple intelligences I scored based on a 5 point scale the following test results: Body Movement (Kinesthetic) 4.86, Nature (Naturalist) 4, Spatial 3.29, Social (Interpersonal) 2.86, Musical 2.43, Language 2.29, Logic/Math 2.29, and Self 2.29. In the last online test I took I figured out what side of my brain the dominance came from. In this test I had 16 answers on left side and 4 on the right side. The left side of the brain is the academic side and the right side of the brain is the creative side. After taking all three tests and reviewing over them I think I know which one is the most accurate. I feel that the brain dominance and expression test to be the most accurate reflection of myself. Looking over both sides of the brains of expressions there was a total of 44 traits with 22 on both sides. On the left-brain of the brain I agreed with 20 of the 22 traits and on the right side I agreed with 10 out of the 22. These numbers supported my test results and I feel were correct with my learning skills. I view myself to be very detail oriented, rational, safe & cautious, logical, and very practical in my current actions and my past experiences as well. Agreeing with 90 some percent of these traits is what leads me agree with this online tests findings. I know that over time and conditioning that if I re-take the test my results will most likely change, but I feel that the way I live my life and the choices that I make will lead me to further traits being expressed on my left side of my brain. 
Reflecting on my study guide I feel that I used several different strategies that I incorporated into my study aid. From my three different online tests the different strategy that I used for my study aid was my visual learning style. Doing my paper and attached creative piece in a written “visual” form was the best way for me to work from and for me to get the most out of it. After reading Chapter 4 in the textbook I used the study aid to recall useful information. With my visual learning style I then copied down important information in my own handwriting, which led me to the creation of my study aid. The Self-Awareness, Analysis, and Creative piece for this assignment were done in this visual style. Gaining knowledge of the different learning styles and brain functions was the easiest to recall for me by doing my project in a printed visual strategy. As the tests showed my left brain expressions helped me in comprehending these findings and using my attention to detail, practically, and logic to make a sensible study aid that I can continually look back at to help me in future assignments. I tried to expand upon my kinesthetic style of learning by doing my word document in a new style. I experimented and tried a different approach to my word document by trying to write down the assignment in a different way new to me, and one in a style I wanted to try. I think that having this hands-on experience of trying something new will appeal to my kinesthetic style of learning. Having done this project in two different styles of learning make it so much more likely that I will remember it even better and take even more out of it. I plan on taking these tests later in the year and update my test results and compare them with what the brain expressions mean at that moment of time. In future classes I plan on using my strong skill set as a visual learner to my advantage. Using, as many formats to remember the topics at hand will ensure me recalling and actually implementing the materials easier. I plan on using even more pictures, diagrams, displays, and charts to express my findings further my visual learning style. In future classes I want to expand my kinesthetic style and have more practical hands-on experiences. Learning by doing will be a huge help in some of my future classes at Full Sail University, and help me the most in learning new fields of study and classwork. 


                   Fisticuffs   
             lay  Into
                   Grapple
         skirmisH
              hosTility 

                 
               -OR-
                 
                   Reaction
           countEr
             ripoSte
                rePly
            respOnd
             couNter
                 Sass
            comEback

No comments:

Post a Comment