Thursday, February 22, 2018

Business Goals 2/12


Kyle Thompson
Setting Professional Goals
IDM
Maryanne Harkins
February 24, 2012
Goal Number One: To graduate from Full Sail University. 
1. Have an overall grade between 95-100% for a Cumulative GPA of 4.0  
2. Graduate Full Sail University by March 2014.
3. Complete as many Grants and Scholarships to avoid working a full-time job
4. Connect with former and presently enrolled students at Full Sail, for encouragement and knowledge.
5. Research “how to” videos and articles. Do personal interviews and read books pertaining to my Industry. Be in the top 5% of my graduating class.
6. Find Volunteer Opportunities, and locate Job Fellowships and Internships
7. Achieving my goal would allow my to pursue my passion of sports. I would by living a more enriched life and a life of actual meaning in my opinion.

Professional Goal Number Two: You want to achieve within one year from when you graduate. 
1. Be working for a top notch and established company in a position higher than entry level. 
2. By March 2015, I will be either organizing or running a team. 
3. Getting my foot in the door and having the opportunity to do an internship. Setting myself apart from all of the other applicants with my unique skill set and real desire to succeed. Being on the constant look out to improve my skills with more readings and communications within my industry and my peers. 
4. Establishing more and more connections within the industry with individuals higher up in the corporate ladder. 
5. With my extensive knowledge of the Apple MacBook Laptop and the programs associated with it- iMovie & GarageBand, I will have the knowledge capable of handling the current market place of technology within my industry. 
6. Working with other professional peers in the industry and with my knowledge, I will have a successful plan of action in my career path. Staying up to date and relevant with what the competition have to offer and what it takes to stay on top. 
7. The benefits are a competitive industry that provides myself with a drive to be the best and to be happy for what I have accomplished. 

Professional Goal Number Three: You want to achieve within five years from you graduate. 
1. In five years I will be the manager at my job or I started my own company and I am the president of operations. In either case I will be the boss. 
2. By March 2019, I will be a successful boss in my dream career job. 
3. Rising competition and new technology. I will have to combat these issues by being one step ahead and always being relevant. 
4. Having connections built within other competing companies and a support system of peers that has been groomed and established through years of successful work together. 
5. Being five years removed from my completion of my BA degree, I will have gotten my Masters degree and have shown excellence and mastery of my industry once again. 
6. In my plan of action, it requires furthering schooling (Masters degree) and an even deeper attention to detail in my schooling. 
7. The benefits in this five-year plan would be immense. I would have the creative control of my team and could in return express my ideas and thoughts through a large medium. I will reach out to the young generation that is going to school with the opportunity for the students to intern at my company to give back and continue the higher education of my industry. 




No comments:

Post a Comment